Are you subscribed to the Advokit newsletter? The July edition features the following stories from the website:
- The Australian Government announces that people under 40 can now get AstraZenenca
- Lockdowns around Australia
- New patient assessment for a COVID-19 vaccine
- Update on Australia’s vaccine rollout
- Disability advocate shares her experience getting the COVID vaccine
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, here are some ideas to find current information, including Easy-Read resources and advice for people with disability and their families and supporters:
- The IDEAS Disability Information website is a great source of informative resources.
- The Information Access Group website is also a great source of Easy Read explanations.
- Council on Intellectual Disability (CID) has created this video, in which Ricky talks with Doctor Rita about the COVID 19 vaccine:
- Scope’s COVID-19 Vaccination Resources – These resources have been produced to help people with disability and low English literacy understand more about coronavirus vaccinations. The resources include a social script, visual schedule, Easy English document and Key Word Sign video
If you need disability specific information, the Australian Government has created the Disability Gateway:
Call on 1800 643 787.
(The Disability Gateway is a free service available Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm (AEST). It is not available on national public holidays.)