Your Story to present a free webinar for Queensland community workers
Community workers in Queensland can find out more about the Disability Royal Commission and Your Story’s free legal support at a free webinar in December.
It will cover:
- the service and support Your Story can provide to people with disability, their carers, family members and supporters
- how a person can engage with the Disability Royal Commission
- common concerns, legal issues and questions raised by people wanting to engage with the Disability Royal Commission
- how Your Story and disability advocates/community workers can work together to support mutual clients.
This event will include Auslan and live captions. For more information and to register, please visit the webinar registration page.
Date and time: Thursday 2 December at 10am AEST Location: Online (please register to receive a link)
Cost: Free to attend
Fearless and fabulous: Celebrating the disability community
Your Story Disability Legal Support will mark International Day of People with Disability (3 December 2021) with a free online event celebrating the “fearless and fabulous” disability community.
The one-hour event will feature three panellists representing different perspectives of the disability community.
- What I love about the disability community
- What inclusion means to me
- What is the most important recommendation I want to see in the Disability Royal Commission’s final report?
This will be followed by a Q&A.
This event will include Auslan and live captions. You can join using Zoom or watch live on our Facebook page.
Date and time: Friday 3 December from 12pm to 1pm AEDT
Register: Register on Eventbrite.
Conversation about LGBTIQA+ communities and the Disability Royal Commission
Are you a member of the LGBTIQA+ community living with disability?
The Disability Royal Commission is a chance to share your story, ideas and recommendations for change to promote a society that is LGBTQI+ inclusive and disability inclusive.
Your Story Disability Legal Support (Your Story) is a free national legal service supporting diverse communities to have a voice in the Disability Royal Commission.
Luna will share how they came to hear about the Disability Royal Commission and the process of sharing their story to create positive change, not just for themself, but for others in their community.
Oliver will talk about how Your Story can support members of the LGBTIQA+ community to take part in the Disability Royal Commission, and ways to keep their story, or parts of it, private.
This event will be recorded but if you attend your identity will not be seen by others and all details concerning attendees will be kept confidential. Please register on Eventbrite to receive a link.
Date and time: Thursday 9 December, 1.30—2pm AEDT
Location: Online (please register to receive a link)
Register: Register on Eventbrite