The NDIS Review has recommended the introduction and rollout of foundational supports – supports for people with disability that are not part of the NDIS and access to mainstream services.
DANA has been funded to conduct a Priorities Project which will analyse the Disability Royal Commission and NDIS Review findings. As part of this project we want to hear from DANA members and disability advocates about what foundational supports could look and should look like, across different states and territories.
If you work in advocacy or have worked in advocacy in the past, we want to hear from you!
Advocates know what works and what doesn’t – as well as what supports have worked in the past (including before the NDIS rollout). We want to capture the localised knowledge of service and support gaps and possibilities to help identify a path forward for Foundational Supports as part of DANA’s Priorities Project.
Register to join one of our online Consultations now open for each state and territory
We will be holding several online consultations via Zoom. Consultations will run for 1 – 2 hours. All sessions will be captioned, and please let us know if you need an Auslan interpreter.
What we want to know:
- What are services and supports outside the NDIS like in your area right now?
- What could successful foundational supports look like for people with disability?
- What kinds of foundational supports do you think are needed in your area?
- Are there specific considerations in implementing foundational supports for your state or territory?
- How can people with disability be involved in the implementation of foundational supports?
Attend an online consultation
To attend an online consultation for your state or territory, please register below.